Upgrade Steelhead software via Riverbed CMC
- go to Manage-Appliances
- Click “Appliance Operations” and choose from the list “Upgrade Software“
- depending on Software version choose if you want to upgrade 32 or 64-bits software and if software will upgraded from CMC repository or from URL(in my case I will upgrade 64-bits appliance and software will be downloaded from CMC repository).I will upgrade from 6.5.5 to 7.0.4 version.
BE CAREFULL!!!! in most cases you cannot upgrade directly but step by step,e.g if your Steelhead has version 6.0.4 you have to first upgrade to 6.1.3,next to 6.5.5 and finally to 7.0.4
- choose appliance from the list(checkbox)
- Click “upgrade” button to start upgrade process
- go to Manage-Operation History and check upgrade status
- check boot status on upgraded appliance
We see after reboot Riverbed will start with new software 7.0.4 (Next Boot Version)
- Reload appliance(via CMC or directly on Steelhead) and check running version
We could reload appliance automatically during upgrade process but I think better is to check what exactly we did.
- check optimization process